I always dread the winters even though its relatively mild where I live. But it still gets very cold and the shorter days definitely have an effect on my moods. When you are suffering from candida it can seem even worse I think. I was definitely feeling more low when I had candida and I also suffered from anxiety. But even though the candida is long gone (touch wood) and I still get very low. I blame my personal circumstances which I am trying to improve but this Winter hardest for me at least. I’m seriously thinking of investing in a SAD lamp this year to try to avoid sinking into seasonal depression. So I thought I’d put together a few ideas for how to survive the Winter and try to stay cheerful. I know every season has its pluses and minuses. As I am always telling candida sufferers to stay positive, I now need to listen to my own advice! lol! So here are my suggestions for making the most of the Winter and trying to avoid feeling low. If you have any of your own suggestions that you’d like to share please add a comment at the end.
(These are in no special order. And I’m going to do them all this Winter. You are my witnesses!)
- Try to get outside every single day
- Get some warm waterproof clothing so I can do the first point
- Buy fresh flowers for the house
- Try to stay healthy (I’ll do another post on this soon)
- Monitor my thoughts for negative patterns and keep positive
- Leave more lights on around the house (I’m always switching off lights to reduce electricity bills)
- Go for a walk every day if possible
- I will avoid turning into a hermit and I’ll try to socialise to get out of the house
- Listen to cheerful music to lift my mood
Anyone got any other ideas? Please share! Or do you dread winter too? Then let me know. Its always nice to know you aren’t alone. Perhaps we can help each other through it.
love and light